Saturday, April 7, 2007

It doesn`t get much more accurate than this.

So being down here with volunteers from all over the u.s, over the past 20 months Simon and I have really caught alot of flack for our accents.

The second Simon opens his mouth everyone knows where he`s from. People can`t always figure my accent out. They just know its strange. (As I type this, our good friend Delfo is standing behind me laughing and doing impersonations of me asking for a bag-which does rhyme with vague by the way.)

We found this quiz, courtesy of my friend (thanks amy) and after taking it, this was my result.

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North
 

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

The Midland
 
The Northeast
 
Philadelphia
 
The South
 
North Central
 
The West
 
Boston
 
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz


And I do get asked those questions.

Simon`s result: Straight up tried and true Minnesota accent.

And he says I talk funny.

Yous guys should try it out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just as "inland north" as you Crystal. And yes Delfo, bag does rhyme with vague. And lastly, to all you New Englanders - there is no "r" in "idea."

Wondering K said...

I'm also inland north! I get so much crap for my accent here, but I would rather sound like me than have a Boston accent. YUCK!

they call me "Kevar" here half the time! Ha!

ami said...

Yay, we have the same accent! It's funny because so many people at UWEC are from Minneapolis, and they definitely talk weird.