Play Ball! (Umping a fellow volunteer`s baseball team in the city of Siguatepeque.)
A really great group of dentists from the states came to town awhile back in this medical brigade at our school.
This is our classroom, transformed into a dentist office. Our main purpose working at this brigade was to be translators between the kids/patients who only speak spanish and the doctors who spoke english. We totally got to pull some teeth, too. Well, we helped anyway. For the record: I was not cut out to be a dental hygenist. I passed out. Almost twice.
Our daily view, walking home from school during the rainy season.
Simon being trampled by our tooth brushing class. If we let these first graders put the toothpate on by themselves, a disaster would be underway.
Check out part 2. Coming soon!
2 comments:
Crystal and Simon!
You both would be great dentistas! If you could stomach it Crystal, you look really good holding the spit sucker in a kids mouth. I'm excited to see you guys in a couple years! I miss you both... (I miss Crystal more. Sorry Simon ;) ).
Love you!
Allison
The picture of Moby teaching some Honduran kids how to brush their teeth is priceless.
Post a Comment