Thursday, December 28, 2006

Safe travels and Welcome to America.

We may have been a day late, but we made it without too many problems.

Flying out of San Pedro was delayed by 2 or 3 hours, making us miss our connecting flight to Minn. By the time we got to Miami, the airport staff were ready to leave for the night. So, we got put up in a really nice place. The nicest hotel ever. We were rerouted to Dallas, then eventually got to minneapolis, or wherever the airport is.

American Things

1. Carpet-It feels nice on my feet.

2. Micro-brews-Dont taste like water

3. Family and friends-Its always nice to be home

4. Drinking Tap Water-Everyone tells me its safe, and I drank alot of it, but Im still nervous filling up that cup from the sink and probably scarred for life.

5. Lots of lights and electrical devises-Well, there are just alot of them.

6. Speaking English-all the time-and not having to translate to a friend. Its almost too easy.
I didnt even notice when we got to the desk in Miami that I was speaking spanish to the woman getting our hotel reservations. It didnt matter-she spoke spanish-but when I noticed it, what I had the realization, "Talk in english, you idiot."

7. Not knowing what to say-Aside from not being able to think of the words I want to say and having the english vocabulary of an 8 year old again, I dont really know what to say to people anyways.

somebody: "How's Honduras?" me: "Good."

Anyone who's travelled knows that sentence all too well and it doesnt really need an explanation. There's nothing you can do about it, and its just a part of coming home.

Luckily for us, our friends and family have been really great and helpful and asked us so many good questions. So, that makes me happy.

Time to eat again!

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

don't forget about drinking out of the toilet. so sweet. and if you need something to talk about you can bust out with "que frio, va?" or the ever popular "que fea es la calle por las lluvias"...just talk about potholes instead. can't wait 'til you come west for some cake or bootleg 7 layer bars!

Emily B said...

Sounds like a great trip! Miss you both.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys...a delay has occurred in the next driver taking to the streets. Yes..Mitch has not passed his test but will try again on the 19th. Let's hope he passes but has not inherited the Tupy lead foot :) As soon as you left the brrrrrrrr set in (yuck)but hopefully some snow this weekend. Take care