Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Back to School.

  1. School officially started today. No back to school specials here, just a stand on the side of the road with pencils, backpacks, uniforms and notebooks. Our friend, who is a teacher, told us last night that he only had 2 students yesterday because alot of them are still picking coffee. This should hopefully be done by March. This also means, being youth volunteers, we will soon be heading out to work. I´ll be teaching Music Appreciation at one school and working with a couple bands at 2 other schools. The beisbol tournament is in 2 weeks and we´ve decided to only work with this for the time being. After the toury(March 5th), we will set foot into the Honduran school system, and see what we can do from there.

  2. In other news, as we were eating dinner the other night (our usual beans, tortillas, mantequilla and rice), Simon suddenly yelled in disgust. Apparently there was a rock in his beans and he bit it and chipped his back tooth. He is in Teguciagalpa today and tomorrow having a friendly visit with the dentist to have it fixed. Also yesterday, I got really sick and couldn´t understand why it was so hard to stand up. By 4 pm, it hadnt gotten better, I was more dizzy, and there was no food left in my body, so I crawled out of bed and went to the doctor (who is only in town from 3-5pm). Turns out I was dizzy because I had a fever of 104. They did some tests and discovered that I have an infection in my intestines, probably from eating something bad. I have no idea what it could have been, but they gave me some not so pleasant shots and injections, pills and gatorade, and sent me off to rest. I go back today and am already feeling better.

    Oh, and our landlord has finally had his worker finish our kitchen and start working on our fence!
  3. Crystal

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whats that saying about beans and the more you eat them. I guess that will have to modified to fit Honduras.