Just wanted to let you all know we´ll be thinking about you when we eat our beans.
Obviously there is no Thanksgiving day here in Hondo. To our surprise, though, we are being randomly dropped off at the Assistant Director of the American Embassy´s house this Thanksgiving day to eat dinner with him at his mansion in Tegucigapla. One of those little Peace Corps perks, I guess.
That being said, I´m sure that J will say something inappropriate and we´ll end up at Ruby Tuesdays fighting about it over an overcooked hamburger or something. Just kidding.
Note: He didn't say anything offensive. Rather, when the maid brought the food out to the long table we were all sitting at (remember-we were a bunch of hungry, dirty, food deprived pcv's), the ambassador was in the restroom and we accidentally started carving the turkey and eating without him. Yeah, that's probably worse than swearing.Luckily he laughed at us. Sort of.
Really though, Have a great Holiday and eat a bunch of good food for us! And try not to get killed at the mall on Friday morning at 5am when you are wrestling some grandma for a $5.00 toaster! Things will be business as usual here.
And to our families, I´m not sure that we´ll be able to call because we´re going to be at a stranger´s house, but if we can we will. Send us an email as of your whereabouts (with a number if you could).
love you all
Monday, November 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I wouldn't have to wrestle the grandma for the on sale toaster because I would have tripped her coming in the door.
If I see tortillas at the Embassy, I will be at Ruby Tuesday´s with you. And if I don´t see US Football, there´s going to be some ghetto K making an appearance.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving guys!! I hope the embassy feeds you well! I played football this am with a group from work at it's 10 degrees with a below zero windchill. AHHH!!! Hope you have a great day. :) I'll saved some spiked hot apple cider for you!
Hey!
Happy Turkey Day!
I totally ate an extra serving of stuffing for ya'all and i had potatoes for you crystal!
Im coming to Las Vegas.. Deffinatly!
Love Aly
Guess what Crystal?.....You won't believe this but, Mom bought a toaster Friday morning!!
We didn't need one, but I bet it was a good sale!!
Hi guys...Thanksgiving was cold...cold. I ran an 8K marathon that morning (1 degree temp)to raise money for a food shelf. Then I cooked and fed 25 Whipples and two cute Lunders (my boys). Mom cancel;led our meal on Saturday morning so we all misssed the famous stuffing and we weren't even out of the country. We miss you...sorry for not writing ...still grieving hard and this time is tough. Watch for signs from Kyle Myle cuz he has been giving us so many. You have had some crazy weather huh!
take care you two....Heidi
hey kids....
congrats on Las Vegas...you will love it...and your site mate is a up and coming rock star...
hope to see you guys soon...
tomás
p.s. enjoy swearing in...it´s the last time PC will spend any real money on you for two years...
Post a Comment