This will be quick. We are here and things are overwhelming. We are currently staying in a small mountain village called Santa Lucia (the training center has been moved back to here). Everything is so beautiful-its hard to explain and hard to take in.
Our family is wonderful. We get fresh tortillas every day for every meal (almost) and lots of fruit, rice, and beans.
We wake up at 4 30 am since there are like 50 dogs and 5000 roosters cawing in our window at that hour. We are pretty much being told to stay in the village right now, since we have alot of spanish to work on. Our teachers are amazing and I am confident we will learn spanish with their guidance in no time-I hope.
Our group of trainees are great! Gotta go, we'll update in more detail later.
Saturday, September 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
IIIIEEEEEEEE YOU MADE IT!!!!!!
I have been checking your site every day since you left, hoping you'd update before I left. I cannot believe tomorrow is my last day. Knowing you're thre and haven't left yet is bringing me a lot of confidence. Knowing you're as terrified about your Spanish as I am is also helping. I haven't packed. This is my next to last night at home, what am i doing. . . But you did it too, and knowing you were there before me is giving me a lot of hope.
:)
My love to Simon,
Michael
Woohoo! You two made it safely! It seems like you will be in for a wonderful adventure in Honduras.
I'll be reading all of your posts!
suerte
adrianna
Yes!!! You made it!! I've been wondering how things were going. It sounds wonderful.. so much to think about. Take care and talk soon! The fam' sends their love too.
K
Post a Comment